Thursday, May 26, 2011

Lets not think.

I originally thought of making the title, let's think of nothing, but it was then I drew the fine line between not thinking, and thinking of nothing. I urge you to stop thinking.

Have you ever sat in your bed and attempted to stop thinking? If you haven't please do so. It is a ridiculously difficult task which will probably take you a few nights to accomplish. I finally did it last night and it felt spectacular. My mind blanked, I had successfully eliminated every trailing thought that flew by my head as I thought, hmm, and almost got carried away. I even thought of nothing, of the concept and the idea of what nothing meant, but then realized I had to go [no pun / reference intended] deeper. I had to understand the way my mind worked in such a way that I could meditate and relax. It was a great sensation.

I met Cat while [and I am still here] in Melbourne, Australia. She is a great girl and has an absolutely fantastic character. Even more importantly though, she has taught me a thing or two about meditation and relaxing that I have gladly embraced. It has tempted me to plan and go on an adventure, sometime in the future. My plans are amongst the craziest I have had to date, and I am not entirely certain what they are at this time, but they will most likely involve mountains somewhere in Asia. That's for the future, but for me, and now, I think cheese, chocolate, and wine will most certainly have to do.

I am a more relaxed man than I was 5 days ago, and most certainly a better man. It is nice to free yourself of everything, and although I have not at all freed myself entirely, it feels nice to finally be on a path which relaxes my soul.

Sorry I have not written much this week, it has been an interesting process of finding myself and simply enjoying time with friends. I have come to realize yet again that you do not need much to find true and simple beauty in life, and I have found it time and time again in a cozy apartment that my friends have in Melbourne, Australia.

All the love and a certain touch of relaxation my dear world,
Sincerely,
Daniel.

No comments:

Post a Comment