Sunday, May 22, 2011

The beauty of mundane tasks.

I washed the dishes today. It was beautiful. I did some cooking yesterday, and it was also amazing. My friends didn't quite understand what my obsession with trivial tasks were, but allow me to elaborate.

I live in a society at Georgia Tech that is very work oriented. All we do year-round is work. A semester is a single driven intense experience where all you do is quite literally work non-stop. It's hard to explain how difficult it is to survive at Georgia Tech.

This morning, I woke up at 7am after a long time sleeping, and took a shower, came down to the kitchen and cleaned it. The satisfaction I derived from this is difficult to explain but it was truly brought back life to me. I hope to continue this every day, and continue to simply be at peace and do nothing because it is those tasks that bring warmth to my heart and help me re-energize before I go back to hard work.

I will now go make breakfast, and get creative. Then, i'll go out and maybe just take pictures of the world. Who knows.

Cheers,
Daniel.

No comments:

Post a Comment