Friday, May 27, 2011

I'm free to be whatever I want.

It's a beautiful thing to be reassured about what is significant and beautiful in this world. Coca-Cola recently came out with a commercial that warmed my heart ( see here. ). It's hard to not break up and realize how beautiful things are in this world because for all the stresses and difficulties that we encounter, its the difficulties that eventually make people realize that you are trying. And to all of those of you who feel you aren't being recognized, or like you aren't loved by any, I hope I make this clear when I say that there is hope out there, and that I, without even knowing you, or knowing what you have done, or knowing who you truly are inside, I love you. It was not an easy task to type that, but it's an even harder task to live up to it and yet, here I am assuring you that I care for you. We are all born as beautiful individuals and I firmly believe that a little part of that will remain with us forever. No matter who you are, or where you are from, or what you believe in, or the cruelties that you have done, or the times that you have done wrong, if we do not appreciate each other has human beings and we do not struggle just a tiny bit of discomfort for the greater good of understanding each other as human beings, then there is no point in life. It's all about empathy. It's the innate skill we are born with that allows us to understand other human beings. And that is at the very least, the most beautiful thing the world.

So, whether it is in inspiration, or something you have never done in your wildest dreams, here I stand daring you to do it. Whether its telling a loved one who you never thought would feel the same way how you feel, or whether its making a fool out of yourself amongst your friends, I'm here to tell you that its a truly beautiful world out there. Some people say, 'There is hope', a more famous and common Internet thing 'It gets better', which is a campaign towards helping the gay community have hope in their lives because of how difficult high school and sometimes college can be, and yet, so many of us happen to frown and feel sorrow in times where perspective couldn't make this a better place.

100 years ago, travelling to another place was an impossible life decision that would change everything, up to even never seeing your relatives again. Today, it's an easy choice.

Perhaps your 12, or 20, or 60, it really doesn't matter. There are some of us who are living in suffering and living in absolute torture and cruelty. My true and pure prayers for all of you, because I can only hope that things can change for all of you. I stand here writing this in hopes that something will change, in hopes that somehow the world will turn, and the happiness that we see amongst our friends, we will now see amongst the world. I hold it as my deepest desire that things will change, and even though I do not know if that will ever be the case, I still hold that it will happen.

Please enlighten me and let me know if I'm wrong, but the way I see it, sitting in a dining table across the world in Melbourne, Australia, 15575 km from where I study, and 14543 km from where I was born. Let me give you an idea of what that number means, that's about 35% of the Earth's circumference, the world has reached the point where things are better. There is a place for everybody in this Earth, and we are slowly but surely realizing that we are all human beings and that we must stick together through our hardships in order to truly survive our issues. It's pretty ridiculous how much stress is out there because we are trying to be successful in life, but its even more ridiculous how much we worry about these stressful situations when in reality, there is nothing to worry about. Yeah sometimes it can suck out there in the world, but in the midst of it all, there are people who care, and people who are fighting for us as human beings. If you are one of those people, thank you, and if you are not, do your best to change others in the slightest way, because once you have changed someone, you will realize how powerful the understanding of other human beings can be.

I'm really not sure where I am going with this but I had to babble on about different thoughts in my head, I hope that if you read this, it somehow changes you in a very small way, and that in some small way you go out there today or the next day, and change somebody in the smallest of ways, because the feeling, the feeling of giving back and helping others is greater than most if not all other feelings. I am positive that we can change this world because we already have. Things are looking good, and this second decade of the new millennium we will see remarkable things.

Cheers, to a bright and prosperous future present,
Daniel.

No comments:

Post a Comment