Wednesday, June 1, 2011

How the future is going to work for me.

No, this isn't a post about some ridiculously futuristic idea, but rather what I have in my mind for the next few days, and the projects I have for the next few months.

So, on Friday I will leave for Sydney, and arrive promptly to my hotel around 3pm. I am very excited to see an old friend, Seref, who was part of my first official web design experience, when I was in THIMUN. After I spend two days in Sydney, I will depart for Panama in the longest travelling journey I have ever done. I will leave Sydney for Los Angeles, and then proceed from Los Angeles to Atlanta, and from there, I will continue onward to Panama, travelling for approximately 24 hours but experiencing only a 12 hour change in time, due to the time differences and etc.

After Panama I will return to go work in California around June 12, and then stay in California until August 20, where I will return to Georgia Tech for school and a lot of research.

I recently had an idea while I was in Melbourne about having a robot with a camera, and having it communicate to a Google phone so that you have an app that allows you to see what the robot is seeing. This way, you can move the robot around a room as if the robot was your set of eyes.

The other idea I had was using an EEG to control a robot, so that you can make the robot move, with your mind. I am equally excited for both projects and frankly, can't wait until I get to start them so that I can experiment all of these ridiculous ideas.

I'm getting kind of cold and its late, sorry I haven't written in a bit, I've been busy just relaxing and enjoying Melbourne. I am definitely happy that I feel ready to start 'working' again. I feel re-energized and truly ready for this summer to take off.

Cheers,
Daniel.

No comments:

Post a Comment